College Application Essay Writing Boot Camp
Are you facing upcoming deadlines for college applications? Have you not started your essay yet? Are you unsure where to begin or what stories to use? Or perhaps are you trying to motivate your child to get started on their essays?
collegeMission is ready to help you jump-start your Common Application essay! With our Essay Writing Boot Camp, we will give you the tools to develop your ideas and execute your essays, in both individual and small group sessions. Our goal is to help you brainstorm essay ideas that highlight your strengths and unique qualities, allowing you to stand out to college admissions officers.
What You'll Get:
- A copy of our brainstorming document, which you will fill out prior to the first session
- A copy of our guide, A Brief Guide to the Common App: Ten Successful Essays Analyzed
- Recordings from past events on topics such as “How to ‘Visit’ Colleges Without Visiting Campus,” “What Does a Successful College Applicant Look Like?,” and “Crafting Your College Essay: What to Write and How to Write It”
- A one-hour one-on-one brainstorming session with a collegeMission consultant
- A preliminary review of a first draft of your essay with written feedback provided.
- A two-hour small group session, where you will workshop your essay with collegeMission consultants and your peers
- Video and written feedback on a second draft of your essay a week or so after the group session
- The opportunity to purchase additional one-on-one hours (which are not normally available for purchase)
Sign Up By: June 17, 2022
Brainstorming Sessions: July 5-8, 2022
First Drafts Due: July 11-15, 2022
Group Session: July 20, 2022
Video and Written Feedback: TBD
Have Questions? Want to speak with us before signing up?
Email email@example.com or fill out the form here.